Miss Samantha Z. Tross – MBBS, FRCS, FRSC Ed, FRCS Ed(Tr& Orth)
Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon
Specialist in lower limb conditions and joint replacement arthroplasty
Miss Samantha Tross is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in London specialising in conditions of the lower limb, specifically hip and knee preserving and replacement surgery. She is the first female Consultant of Afro-Caribbean descent in the UK and one of 5% of female Orthopaedic Consultant Surgeons practicing in the UK. She is a member of both the Royal College of Surgeons of England and Edinburgh.
Miss Tross received her medical degree from University College London before pursuing a career in Surgery. Her surgical training was obtained at a number of London Teaching hospitals such as St. Georges, Guys & St Thomas’s and The Royal London. She also received specialist training overseas at world renowned centres in Toronto, Canada and Sydney, Australia, gaining further experience in hip and knee surgery. Her training has equipped her to diagnose and treat most Orthopaedic pathologies and she utilises minimally invasive techniques whenever possible for her surgery.
Apart from her clinical work Miss Tross is actively involved in Medical Education. She is an examiner for Imperial College Medical School finals examinations and an Associate Editor for the Journal of Medical Case Reports. She is an Educational Supervisor and mentor for young surgeons particularly female and those from ethnic minorities.
As a joint replacement surgeon in London, currently Miss Tross sees private patients at the BMI Clementine Churchill Hospital, BMI Syon clinic, BUPA Cromwell Hospital and the Wellington Hospital. Her NHS practice is at Ealing Hospital NHS Trust. Miss Tross is prides herself on delivering a high standard of care resulting in excellent patient satisfaction as well as surgical outcomes.
Miss Tross’s Media Coverage
- Profiled in book “Samantha Tross. Orthopaedic Surgeon” by Verna Wilkins. Publisher: Tamarind Ltd. ISBN 1-870516-48-6
- Featured in book “Millenium People, the soul of our success” by Derek Burnett. Publisher: Hibiscus books London. ISBN 0953538303
- Featured in photographic exhibition “Black Brittania. Inspiring the next generation.” By John Ferguson. City Hall, April ’08
- Featured in The Vine Magazine, March 2009
- Featured in 2009 ‘At home with Dr. Hiliary Jones guide to choosing your Consultant
- Profiled in the JP Morgan Black Powerlist of 100 most influential Black Britons in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017. Link to website
- Listed in Tatler’s Doctors Guide 2013 of Britain’s top 250 Consultants
- Black British Business Image Award winner 2016